We say Illinois, Cindy Chang (BS ’01, biosciences) says ...
1. “Zorba’s and their $1 Tuesdays. I loved being able to eat a lunch for $2 total. The line was long but worth it.”
2. “Espresso Royale. I had many a mocha there.”
3. “The Bread Company. Lovely cinnamon rolls.”
4. “Caffe Paradiso. My now-husband and I had breakfast there and chatted with the barista almost every weekday morning during my senior year.”
5. “The Greek Table. I worked there and learned from its owner, Kostas.”
6. “Mabel’s. So much fun salsa dancing happened there. My husband and I met there.”
As for the faculty member who had the most profound impact on the biotech scientist turned Bay Area business development specialist, that’s easier to pin down.
“Jim Imlay,” Chang says. “He was the best advisor. He took my under his wing and taught me so much about life and microbiology.”